Brisingr

.photo fun.

September 01, 2008

A Labor Day Meme...

I saw this meme on Keli's and I thought it was fun.  Happy Labor Day everyone! :)

How long were your labors?

Corbin - I was scheduled for an induction at 7AM on October 20th, for some reason the midwife had moved my date back to the 16th my original was the 21st.  So they figured I was a week over.  I knew better. LOL!  I ended up not going in until around 4PM so my cervix was gelled and they hoped that would do it.  I was given pitocin around 8PM and I went into labor.  I had stadol sometime during the night but I don't remember it helping at all.  Corbin was born @ 9:07 the next morning. 

Seth – I developed slightly elevated blood pressure 3 weeks before he was due.  So I was scheduled to be induced @ 8AM, November 8th.  There were several other women in labor and my doctor had C-Sections to do so I wasn't actually induced until around 4PM.
The drug they used was a small pill placed on the cervix.  The first dose didn't do much so I was given a 2nd dose around 6 or 6:30.  It immediately did it's job and everyone in the hospital thought I was just being a wimp because minutes later I was in full blown PAIN!  I begged for an epi...and I have always been against them.  I was in so much pain it felt like my uterus was going to burst! (Which later I found out is one of the possible "Side-effects" of the drug!)  After waiting around for an hour or so they had finally tracked down the anesthesiologist and I was given an epi.  It never fully felt like I had one, and I complained to the nurses that I had extreme pressure in my pelvic floor. She looked at me like I was nuts and told me to sit up. to let gravity move the epi down to my pelvis. (Just a side note...I was not checked at all before given the epi.)  So......After again telling them that there was EXTREME pressure in my pelvic floor and that the epi was not getting rid of that they decide to check me.  For the last hour I had been sitting on my poor baby's head because the staff was so incompetent.  I was fully dilated and he was crowning.  I pushed twice and he was out.  The doctor was running in throwing her booties and gown on as he was coming out!  He was born at 8:52PM.

Ashlyn – We tried the natural at home induction...(won't say anymore, LOL!)  I started having contractions around 10PM but nothing big.  So I went to bed.  Woke up around 12AM with more contractions so I decided to take a warm shower.  I got out of the shower and sat down and had the most uncomfortable pain I have ever felt.  She had dropped, I had never felt it with such force...after that my contractions steadily became stronger and closer together.  So we called up Keli around 2AM and took the boys over to her and headed to the hospital, about a 15 minute drive.  At the hospital I was doign great things were going smoothly.  But not on the hospital's scheduled so they talked me into pitocin...ugh! I was so mad.  It instantly became unbearable and I asked for stadol.  Hello loopyville!  I just don't like that stuff.  It made me "happy", but didn't do much for the pain.  Would have rather not had anything. LOL.  Ashlyn was born at 6:30AM.

Sage – She was my 100% Natural or "completely organic, no hormones, steroids, or artificial flavoring.  :)", as Keli put it, Baby!  We decided on having a home birth and I will never have another baby in a hospital!  It was the most awesome experience and so calm(well as calm as a screaming mommy can be while in labor).  I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I needed to pee. I got up to go and fluid ran down my legs.  I immediately thought my water broke because it was not like peeing.  So in the morning I called my midwife and she came and tested the fluid from the pad I had been wearing and sure enough it was amniotic fluid.  So began the castor oil and a couple really nasty herbal things that made me want to puke!  After hours of that stuff  I was finally in labor and the reality that I wouldn't be able to get any pain relief what so ever also hit me!  I was SCARED!  But after giving me a good chewing out(in a loving way) my midwife made me realize duh...that baby is coming whether I wanted it to or not! And I could fight it all I wanted but that would only make it worse.  Sage was born at 5:20PM in our guest room!
After she was born the midwives left the room for a couple hours and just let us bond.  It was so nice not to have nurses and doctors around testing and prodding and taking my baby away!

Sorry I got so long winded... :)

How did you know you were in labor?

#1 – Induced

#2 – Induced

#3 – Baby dropped and I knew, "WE HAVE TO GO NOW!!!"  (Yeah kinda like that!) LOL!

#4 – Well when my water broke that night I knew it was going to be that day regardless of if it started on it's own or not.  I have Group B Strep and am required to take antibiotics before labor. 

Where did you deliver?

#1 - White Mountain Regional Medical Center - Springerville, AZ

#2 - Payson Regional Medicak Center - Payson, AZ

#3 - Yavapai Regional Medical Center - Prescott, AZ

#4 - Home - Prescott Valley, AZ

Drugs?

#1 – Stadol

#2 – Epidural

#3 – Stadol

#4 – Zip, zilch, nada...

C-Section?

No, thank goodness! (I'll second that!)  It was a possibility with Ashlyn because she was breach late in the pregnancy. But she turned.

Who delivered?

#1 - Debbie Martin (midwife)

#2 - I will have to look for this one...I can not remember her name.

#3 - Jeanette Pilotte

#4 - Charlie w/ Paula Matthew and Tracy Madler close by. 

How long were you pregnant?

#1 - 40 Weeks

#2 - 37 Weeks

#3 - hmmm...38 weeks I think.

#4 - 3 Days shy of 40 Weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CorbinIMG_0096

Seth
IMG_1256

Ashlyn IMG_2001

Sage
 IMGP0305

No comments: